If you have pets, you know that cleaning up after them can be a full-time job. Keeping homes clean with pets is something that we deal with on a daily basis. Read on for our top 5 tips to help you keep your home clean, neat and tidy when living with a four legged friend.
- If you have a puppy, the number one tip is to ensure you house train your puppy by attending puppy school. Puppy school is an outing for the new member of your family and teaches them how to behave in and around the family. It will also teach you how to train your pooch so they adjust to their new environment without tearing up the house.
- If the products that you use have harsh chemicals or toxic agents in them, you could be running the risk of your pet ingesting too much and getting sick. Stick with all natural cleaning products and ones that are specifically labelled as non-toxic. This is the best thing you can do to keep your pets and children safe.
- We recommend cleaning and sanitising food bowls and spill mats every other day. Wash them in the laundry sink and wipe dry with paper towels, or place them in the dishwasher on a hot cycle.
- If you have a litter tray inside, place it in a well-ventilated location kept out of view. Scoop daily to remove any deposits and thoroughly replace the contents once a week or earlier if required.
- When you let the household chores pile up, it can often feel overwhelming when it comes time to get everything done. Stay on top of pet hair by regularly vacuuming with a vacuum cleaner containing a HEPA filter or invest in a robot vacuum, perfect for daily cleaning. If your pet lives outside, keep your yard looking its best by sweeping or hosing patio’s or decks on a weekly basis and make a habit of picking up the droppings daily.
While these things will make your day-to-day housekeeping easier, grit and grime can build up in surprising places. For a deep clean, why not simply hire Absolute Domestics to handle it for you. We recently contributed to the Bupa Pet Insurance article, ‘Ideal Pet Products and Tips for a Clean Home‘ with our expert advice.
We offer weekly, fortnightly or one-off services so you can decide which option makes the most sense for you and your needs. Speak to your Absolute Domestics cleaner about the best ways we can work together so that pet mess is a thing of the past.